Tuesday, August 16, 2011

School Daze

I know its been awhile since I posted last.  I didn't know until the day before school started, but the district has me working as a long term sub again.  I'm filling for the school's only chemistry teacher, who's out on maternity leave.  School started last Wednesday, and it has hit me like a ton of bricks.  It's hard to go from a fairly laid back summer of crafting to a full day of teaching, let me tell you.  As the only chemistry teacher, I have no planning period, a total of 7 classes and 224 students.  I don't think I'm going to be able to learn any names, ever.  I might know about 6 kid's names after a week, and I taught several of them last year when I was an algebra teacher.  Thankfully, most of my students seem pretty decent.  I haven't had any issues yet, no detentions given, and only one class will be on a seating chart due to too much chatting during lecture.

Since all this started, I haven't been able to craft anything, except for the bento box bag I'm finishing up for myself (possible pictures when I finish).  For the last week I've been going to work, coming home, taking a 2 hour nap, cooking dinner, watching a little TV, then going back to bed.  I'm hoping that I can build up some stamina soon and not have to take a nap every day.  Its been crazy, I didn't even take naps when I was in pre-school.  Nap time was when I stuffed the tip of my blanket in my pants and pretended it was tail and I was a skunk, like Flower from Bambi.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment