Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sudden Inspiration

I love when ideas just come to me.  Sometimes I have a particular fabric or set of fabrics that I want to work with, and I just can't think of what I should make with them.  This is a problem for me, because often times I buy first, then pick a project, rather than having a project then buying the supplies.  I usually just sit down with some paper and doodle ideas until something sticks for a particular set of fabrics.  

Last week I purchased these super cute fabrics.  One has little birds and scattered hearts, and the other has color coordinating stripes.  I had been thinking for a couple of days about what I wanted to make with it.  I had tried sitting down and doodling, but I couldn't come up with anything I liked. 




Then I took a nap.  Now, when I nap, which is often, I usually sleep for at least 2 hours if I can.  Otherwise I'm just grouching for the rest of the day.  This time however, I woke up after only about an hour with a hazy dream like idea of a design.  It was so pressing an idea that I stumbled out of bed, scared the begeezus out of my husband who was in the kitchen eating my brownies, and sat down with some paper to sketch out the bag before I sleepily forgot it.
Extra Large Tweed Backpack


I had to wait to go through with my idea, since I was already working on this backpack.  Last night I was able to turn my idea into a bag, and I think it turned out wonderfully!  I also got to use the new fabric covered button kit I got at the same time as the fabric.


The design, brought to life!  Just posted on Etsy as well.


Do you guys have moments of sudden inspiration, when a design just comes to you?  Share your "ah-ha" moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment