Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lingering Projects

Do you guys ever start a project that you are really excited about, only to encounter a snag, and then stop working on it?  Or maybe its not even a snag in the project, maybe you just had to stop for a while, and never got back to it?

Maybe I'm just easily distracted, but I do this all of the time.  In fact, I'm doing it right now.  I started a purse as a gift 2 weeks ago.  Everything is cut out for it, the outside of the bag is constructed, and it looks pretty good.  I designed it especially for the giftee.  The designing and constructing only took me about 2 hours.  Then I got distracted, and I haven't finished it yet. This is a consistant thing for me.  In fact, I was cleaning up my sewing area and found 2-3 more unfinished projects, waiting in the wings.
Half Finished Bag

Every once in a while I have to 'encourage' myself to finish these projects.  Today was one of those days.  I had an almost finished tote bag sitting on a shelf.  In fact, it was only a couple stitches away from being done.  This tote was one of those projects that I started and hit a snag on.  I was attaching the inside of the bag when things just weren't lining up right, so I took a break from it... a 3 week break.  I finally made myself go back to that tote this morning before I let myself make another pair of shoes (which I really want to do).  I fixed the problem and had the tote finished in about 30 minutes.  It was a very quick finish, and the final product is fantastic!  I can't believe how long I put it off, and it has encouraged me to get back to work on other lingering projects, right after I make those new shoes!

Fairy Tales Tote Bag-  Now for sale in my Etsy Shop!
So, when you hit a snag or have unfinished projects piling up, what do you do to kickstart them again?

No comments:

Post a Comment