Monday, January 31, 2011

Etsy and All of its Wonderfulness

I have to start this post by thanking my Aunt Pattie (she has a blog too, I'll link it when I find it) who introduced me to Etsy during a random conversation on Facebook.  After that conversation in mid August I spent a couple of hours on Etsy, completely absorbed in the collection of creativity its sellers had amassed in one place on the internet.  Everything from the items themselves to the blogs and flavor text people added to their listings.  After that, I decided that I needed to get in on the goods too.  This decision lead to my buying a sewing machine a month later and my first item posting a week or two after that.


On to the good stuff!  Here's a list of my current listings:


Companion Cube!
Can belong to you if you go here.


This is a simple red and white plaid tote bag.  It has a magnetic snap closure
 and red lining.
It can be had here, for a price.


This is a pirate bag.  It is also a treasure map.  This cute little bag has a red
embroidered trail hand stitched all the way around the outside of the bag and over the handle.
Argh, treasure ahoy!




This is made from the same pirate themed flannel material
as the treasure bag, but its a paperback book cover.
Available here.


This is my latest listing, a pretty spring inspired purse with hand embroidered details.  Out of all of the bags I've made so far, this is definitely my favorite.  Oh and its my first real project using the new serger.
It can be purchased here

No comments:

Post a Comment